Date of last modification: February 26, 2020
Processing of personal data
1. Definition of personal data
Personal data is information relating to an identified or identifiable person, for example data such as your contact details.
2. General principles of the processing of personal data by the soft kids website
We apply the following principles when processing your personal data:
- we collect personal data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- we do not collect data beyond what is necessary to fulfill these objectives;
- we do not use personal data for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except as specified herein or with your prior consent;
- we do not transfer personal data to third parties, except as specified herein or with your prior consent;
- we do our best to ensure that the information is up to date and encourage you to periodically check your personal data;
- we implement proper technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against any accidental or unlawful destruction or against accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized circulation or access, as well as against any other form of unlawful processing; and
- other than as specified herein, we do not store personal data beyond the time necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, or for which it should be further processed, or when required by law.
3. Personal data that we collect and process
The personal data that we collect and process pertains to:
- Your e-mail address and your name, which we collect with your consent when you subscribe to our newsletter, subscription confirmed by a confirmation e-mail. This newsletter allows us to send you exclusive content, and keep you informed of the latest news from the Soft Kids website by way of periodic e-mails sent to you.
• Your e-mail address and your name, when you post a message via our contact form http://www.softkids.net/contact-us/
- Your e-mail address and your name, when you post a comment on the Soft Kids website
4. How do we use your personal data?
We provide you with information about the content published on the Soft Kids website, its news, events, contests and other similar content relating to the Soft Kids website. In this regard, personal data processing will depend on your consent, and each e-mail sent to you contains an immediate unsubscribe link.
5. We store and process your personal data
Your personal data is stored and processed within the European Economic Area (EEA).
In the event of the transfer of your personal data to a third country – as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – valid laws and regulations regarding such transfers are observed, and applicable legal and security guarantees are taken before such transfers.
6. Our transmission of your personal data to third parties
In principle, we collect and process data in order to keep you informed of the latest news on the Soft Kids website.
We may share your personal data with third parties if required by law, a court order or the decision of competent public authorities and for the purpose of law enforcement. In addition, we may share your personal data with the following third parties:
1) Third parties that establish, assert or defend the rights of the company SOFT KIDS.
2) Third parties in the event of a merger, sale, joint venture, allocation, transfer or other transfer of all or part of the assets of the company SOFT KIDS (including and without restriction as part of bankruptcy proceedings or similar).
3) Other third parties subject to your consent.
When we send your personal data to a third party, we take all reasonable measures to ensure that these third parties are bound by confidentiality obligations with regard to the protection of your personal data. Transmission is carried out in accordance with legal requirements, including by entering into data processing agreements with the third parties concerned, in order to ensure that personal data is only processed in accordance with our instructions and with the applicable law and regulations, for the use specified by us, and for the appropriate security measures to be applied.
7. Retention of your personal data
We do not retain your information any longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. The length of time we retain information depends on the purposes for which we have collected it and for which we use it.
Personal data relating to mass mail that we send you is retained and processed for a period of two (2) years as of the date on which you either unsubscribed from the newsletter, or subscribed without confirmation.
Personal data relating to your coaching request is retained and processed for a period of two (2) years as of the date on which you submitted your request.
Relevant personal information will be deleted at the end of the aforementioned periods, unless this data can be legitimately stored and processed for other purposes for which there is legal framework.
8. Processing manager
SOFT KIDS, 23 rue du Mont Valérien, 92210 Saint-Cloud, France is the data controller and is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
9. Access to your personal data and portability of data
You have the right to receive and access your own personal data, which you have provided to the company SOFT KIDS in a structured, commonly used and computer-readable format. You have the right to transmit this data to any third party of your choice. Your personal data processed by the company SOFT KIDS is available upon request via the form http://www.softkids.net/index.php/contact/
10. Updating and/or deleting your personal data
We encourage you to update the personal data you have provided to the company SOFT KIDS if any change occurs. You can do this by clicking on the link to modify your preferences included in each e-mail we send you, or by sending us a request via the form http://www.softkids.net/index.php/contact/
11. Right to withdraw your consent
Certain processing activities by the company SOFT KIDS may depend on your consent. In this regard, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the legitimacy of the processing carried out before your withdrawal. If you withdraw your consent, the company SOFT KIDS and the third parties involved in the processing of personal data will stop processing your personal data, except and insofar as continuous processing or storage is authorized or required in accordance with current legislation regarding personal data or other applicable laws and regulations. Please note that following the withdrawal of your consent, the company SOFT KIDS may not be able to respond to your requests or provide its services to you.
12. Right to restriction of processing and right to object
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if this data is incorrect; if the processing is unlawful, but you object to the deletion of your personal data; if the company SOFT KIDS no longer needs your personal data for processing purposes, but you request that this data be kept for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim; or if you have objected to the processing and the verification aimed at determining whether the company SOFT KIDS still has a legitimate interest in your personal data is pending. For our contact details, see section 16.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time. To do this, you can cancel your subscription to our newsletter by clicking on the unsubscribe link you will find at the bottom of each e-mail.
13.Website, plug-ins and third-party services
The Soft Kids website may contain links to websites, third-party plug-ins – for example a plug-in for connection to a social media platform – or third-party services.
If you choose to use any of these third-party websites, plug-ins or services, your information may be transmitted to these third parties. The company SOFT KIDS is not responsible for the content, practices, plug-ins, and services of these websites. The collection, use and transmission of your personal data will be subject to the privacy policies of these third parties and not to this one. We strongly invite you to read the privacy and security policies of the third parties concerned.
14. Use by children
The Soft Kids website is not aimed for children and its intention is not to attract them. Minors must obtain the express consent of their parents or legal representative before providing personal data. If we learn from a parent or legal representative or by other means that a child under the age of sixteen has provided their personal data to the company SOFT KIDS, we will delete the child’s personal data in our possession.
16. Contact information
Or via our contact form: http://www.softkids.net/contact-us/